Since the inception of CityLink, member training is required to insure the highest degree of system integrity. Through educating members of proper procedures and protocols for radio communication and public safety situations CDS acheives this degree of integrity.Training session are mandatroy for all new CityLink members, it is recommended that members attend a training session everyother year to stay up to date with public safety communications protocols.
- Training sessions are taught by qualified public safety officials and are held to provide members the ability to best utilize the radio system and develop proper reporting skills besides other valuable crime prevention techniques.
- For large organizations with multiple facilites, CDS can provide onsite training at a single location to reach a members entire public safet personnel.
- Training consists of proper radio usage, indentification of suspicious activity, indentification of suspicious packages, how to handle specific emergency scenarios, proper methods to report emergencies.
CDS Seminars provide members that ability to interface with many puublic safety officials to better understand the unique perspective that emergency communcations plays in aiding and assisting first responders.
CDS's "Protecting New York, a partnership in safety" seminar was held at the Manhattan Veterans Medical Center with great success. Seminar speakers included;
- Con Edison experts provided a full explaination of emergency response procedure with regard to steam, gas, and electrical operations.This information was provided with a perspective on CityLink members as facility managers.
- Amtrak's Fire Chief - Gary Hearn, previously assigned to the Office of Emergency Operations who explained how the railroad handles emergency incidents in the NYc area.
- Retired FDNY Captain - Mike Stein made a presentation on effective commuinications equipment and skills during an emergency in a high-rise building.
- The keynote speaker was retired NYPD Detective Lieutenant Hugh McGowan. Lt. McGowan is considered on of America's leading experts in hostage negotitations after spending 13 years as athe team's commander. McGowan's career saw him serving as the supervisor in both Emergecny Service Division and the Bomb Squad
To learn more, or learn to become a participant, contact us at (718) 763-3000 or email@example.com